City Council Highlights - August 8, 2016
By City Staff
Approved: A Part Lot Control application to allow for the creation of conveyable lots on a site southwest of Lucas Ave and Lizucha Drive in the area south of The Rapids Parkway. Lift the 1-foot reserves so that access may be provided to Lizucha Drive, Brittoli Avenue, and Lucas Avenue to allow for development of the new lots to proceed.
Approved: Progressive Auto Sales as the Naming Rights proponent for the Sarnia Sports and Entertainment Centre.
- Current value of payment by Progressive Auto Sales for Naming Rights agreement over the 10 year term is $434,415. This is based on the $42,500 annual naming rights sponsorship fee plus an additional $40,000 minimum commitment for signage upfront.
- Of Progressive Auto Sales annual payment of $42,500 plus HST, City of Sarnia will receive $23,090.47 plus HST, and Sarnia Sting will receive $19,409.53 plus HST.
- Progressive Auto Sales benefits package is valued at $30,025 plus HST. Sarnia Sting benefits valued at $12,200. City of Sarnia benefits valued at $17,825.
- Progressive's benefits package includes: signage on the building, 1 large centre ice logo, 6-foot backlit sign under Suite, family skate day without Sting participation, 1-full page ad in the Parks & Recreation Activity Guide, banner ad on the Parks & Recreation website with link to Progressive, 1 Suite including 12 suite tickets (Sting games only), promotion by Food & Beverage provider, logo inclusion on print stock when re-ordered.
- The value of the benefits package received by RBC was $44,460 based on market values. In response to the Expression of Interest, LiUNA proposed to receive a benefits package valued at $43,586 with a $40,000 sponsorship payment. Progressive proposed to receive a benefits package valued at $41,068 with a $42,500 sponsorship payment.
Directed staff: to produce a report at September 2016 council meeting, answering the questions pertaining to cost and procedures involved in purchasing a new showmobile, financed by the Seaway Kiwanis Club.
- Proposed for City of Sarnia to purchase the showmobile and the Seaway Kiwanis club to make payments of approximately $50,000 annually until the unit is fully paid for.
- Seaway Kiwanis would only like to fund this purchase if the showmobile was ready for use by or before the opening ceremonies of the 2016/2017 Celebration of Lights.
- Purchase of showmobile by Seaway Kiwanis is subject to approval by its members and board of directors.
Noted: Next Regular Council Meeting will be held Monday, September 12th, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. in Council Chambers.
This article was posted Tuesday, August 9, 2016 9:20 AM
What is PDF? PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a way of distributing documents over networks while ensuring they always print the same. To view PDF files, you need either the Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader