Public Meeting - Shipping Containers
By City Staff
Please be advised that a public meeting of Sarnia City Council is scheduled for Monday, October 24, 2016, at 4:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, to hear the application listed below. Please check with the City Clerk for the time when this application will be dealt with.
Persons wishing to speak to this application are requested to notify the City Clerk on or before noon, Wednesday, October 19, 2016, in order to be placed on the agenda, although anyone in attendance will be given an opportunity to address Council on this matter.
REZONING APPLICATION 2-2016-85 OF 2002 is a City-initiated general amendment to the City’s Zoning By-law No. 85 of 2002, that would provide regulations for the temporary and permanent use of shipping containers.
Shipping containers are pre-fabricated metal containers or structures that have a floor, ceiling or roof, walls, and door(s). They are typically 1.5 to 16 metres in length, and are designed for the storage of goods and materials while under transport by ship, rail or truck.
It is proposed that Zoning By-law 85 of 2002 be amended by:
- adding a definition for ‘shipping container’,
- prohibiting the permanent placement of shipping containers in residential areas,
- permitting the permanent placement of shipping containers in Industrial Zones and adding regulations for their use,
- adding regulations for the temporary use of shipping containers.
The proposed By-law amendment would apply City-wide and for this reason no map is provided.
For more information about this application, contact the Planning and Building Department, 3rd Floor, City Hall, anytime during business hours (Tel. 519 332-0330 Ext. 3344); forward E-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copies of the comments of the various City Hall Departments and other agencies who have reviewed this application, the Planning Department's planning report with recommendation and copies of the proposed zoning by-law amendment will be available at the Planning and Building Department, 3rd Floor, City Hall, on or after Wednesday, October 19, 2016.
Council agendas are posted on the City’s website at www.sarnia.ca or can be obtained from the Clerk’s Department, 2nd Floor City Hall, on Friday, October 21, 2016.
PLANNING ACT INFORMATION
- If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Council of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia before the by-law is passed, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia to the Ontario Municipal Board.
- If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting, or make written submissions to the Council of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia before the by-law is passed, the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Ontario Municipal Board unless, in the opinion of the Board, there are reasonable grounds to do so.
Dated October 1st, 2016
This article was posted Wednesday, October 5, 2016 2:30 PM