2018-016 - General Maintenance II, Parks and Recreation
Situated on the shores of Lake Huron at the mouth of the St. Clair River, The City of Sarnia is noted for its breathtaking sky-blue water and beautiful waterfront parks. A border community with a population of 72,000 residents, the City of Sarnia offers a high quality of life with affordable living, excellent schools, state-of-the-art healthcare facilities, a variety of cultural institutions, together with exceptional recreation and leisure services.
The City of Sarnia is pleased to have created a series of three videos to showcase the natural beauty of Sarnia, the lifestyle of its residents, and its strategic advantages for business.
Under the direction and supervision of the Supervisor, Community Services, in addition to General Maintenance 1 tasks, the General Maintenance II is responsible for the following duties: Work as or backfill for Pool Operator, preventative maintenance and/or repair small engines, maintain refrigeration system in arenas, electrical trouble shooting and repairs, plumbing repairs, repair and/or maintenance of Community Services Buildings.
[A complete job description is available from the Human Resources Department]
- A combination of education, training, and experience in an arena setting
- Valid Class “D” driver’s licence (“Z” endorsement as required) with an abstract acceptable to City guidelines
- Demonstrated competencies in preventative maintenance and the repair of small engines
- Maintenance of arena refrigeration systems
- Electrical and plumbing troubleshooting and repair
- General maintenance and repair of buildings and facilities
- Refrigeration B Ticket required
- Lift Truck and Propane Certification, as required
- Certified Pool Operator an asset
- This is a permanent, full-time opportunity represented by CUPE Local 2713
- Salary: $27.51/hour
- Closing Date: 4:30 p.m. on Friday March 23, 2018
The City of Sarnia offers competitive compensation, extended health and dental benefits, and enrollment in OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) pension plan.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to email@example.com indicating "2018-016 - GM II" in the subject line. We wish to thank all applicants who apply but must advise that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the City of Sarnia’s Employment Accommodation Policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Personal information is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
This page was reviewed or revised on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:40 AM