Situated on the shores of Lake Huron at the mouth of the St. Clair River, The City of Sarnia is noted for its breathtaking sky-blue water and beautiful waterfront parks. A border community with a population of 72,000 residents, the City of Sarnia offers a high quality of life with affordable living, excellent schools, state-of-the-art healthcare facilities, a variety of cultural institutions, together with exceptional recreation and leisure services.
The City of Sarnia is pleased to have created a series of three videos to showcase the natural beauty of Sarnia, the lifestyle of its residents, and its strategic advantages for business.
- Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m. on Monday February 26, 2018
- Submit your resume, complete with the Minimum Requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: 2018 Fire Recruitment - (Insert Applicant Name)
Candidates must provide their resume, along with proof of the following minimum requirements to be eligible for consideration. Only those applicants providing proof of all minimum requirements will be considered.
You must have successfully completed one of the following to be considered:
- Firefighter Pre-Service Education & Training Program from a recognized institution; OR
- Successfully completed ProBoard Certification (NFPA 1001 including Firefighter I & II; OR
- Two years’ experience as a career firefighter in a municipal fire department; OR
- Five years’ experience as a volunteer firefighter in a municipal fire department with supporting Ontario Fire Marshall (OFM) documentation demonstrating successful grandfathering to the NFPA 1001 Firefighter I & II Level
- Possess a valid Ontario Fire Administration Inc. (OFAI) Candidate Testing Service (CTS) certificate including Stage One, Two and Three throughout the entire recruitment process
- Ontario Secondary School Grade 12 Diploma or academic Equivalent
- A valid Class “DZ” Ontario Drivers Licence with clean abstract
If you cannot produce proof of documents when required, you will not continue in the selection process.
- All documents should be contained within one file (resume can be a separate file)
- Applications received after 4:00 p.m. on Monday February 26 will not be considered
- Applications that do not include all required documents will not be considered
- Applications received in person, through fax, mail, or other methods will not be considered
- Only those applicants who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the City of Sarnia’s Employment Accommodation Policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Personal information is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
This page was reviewed or revised on Monday, January 22, 2018 2:06 PM