The first TOWN HALL was located over the Fire Hall on George Street (where Kenwick Place now stands) on October 1859. (demolished October, 1965)
- Christina Street, Lochiel & Victoria. (The Lochiel Street entrance to the Bayside Mall is the approximate location).
- Built in 1876
- 1st Council Meeting held March 11, 1878
- Burned - December 11, 1914
- Temporary quarters in Knights of Columbus Building
- The property was sold to Hudson Bay Company - May 25, 1953
- Bentall Construction paid $335,000 for Hudson Bay Site - September 1, 1953 and the building was demolished in December, 1953.
- Temporary quarters for City Hall staff were in the French Building on North Vidal Street (between Lochiel & George Streets) from December 12th, 1953 to August 31, 1954
- Second Floor, Hudson Bay Building from September 1, 1954 (Labour Day) to December 31, 1964. The City leased 18,000 square feet of office space at an annual rental of $2.75 per square foot for a period of 5 years, with option of renewal for a further 5 years.
The PRESENT LOCATION OF CITY HALL is at 255 North Christina Street, bounded by Front Street to the west, George Street to the south and St. Andrew’s Church to the north.
The sod turning was on November 23, 1963, and the building was constructed in 1964.
The new City Hall was first occupied for business on January 18, 1965, with the grand opening on November 7, 1965.